Laboratories of the Research Group
The SCI2S group is divided in 7 different laboratories. Each one of them is specialized in one or more researh lines:
- EFDAMIS: Evolutionary and Fuzzy Data Mining and Intelligent Systems: focused on the development of intelligent systems and data mining algorithms based on the use of fuzzy systems and evolutionary algorithms.
- M4M: Bioinformatics: Mining, Modelling, Annotating, Predicting: devoted to the incremental learning of networks by mining, modeling, annotating and predicting their constitutive elements at different levels of detail.
- DecMak: Decision Making: focused on the study of Decision Making.
- SOCCER: SOft Computing applications for Complex EnviRonments: devoted to develop advanced research in theoretical aspects and practical applications of soft computing.
- GABIC: Genetic Algorithms and Bioinspired Algorithms: focused on the study of Bioinspired Algorithms. Concretely, GABIC is interested in Genetic Algorithms, Memetic Algorithms and Swarm Intelligent Algorithms such as Ant Colony Optimization algorithms.
- SECABA: Quality Evaluation & Information Retrieval: a multi-disciplinary laboratory composed of researchers on Library Sciences and/or Computer Sciences. SECABA develops technologies based on Soft Computing tools to improve the information access processes on both the Web and Digital Libraries (DL).
- DiCITS: Distributed Computational Intelligence and Time Series: focused on the research, development and application of parallel and distributed systems based on Computational Intelligence techniques. In particular, we work with models from Artificial Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems, Evolutionary Computation and Statistical Learning Theory.