This section describes main characteristics of the phoneme data set and its attributes:
|Phoneme data set
|Features ||5||(Real / Integer / Nominal)||(5 / 0 / 0)
|Missing values?||No |
The aim of this dataset is to distinguish between nasal (class 0) and oral sounds (class 1). The class distribution is 3,818 samples in class 0 and 1,586 samples in class 1.
The phonemes are transcribed as follows: sh as in she, dcl as in dark, iy as the vowel in she, aa as the vowel in dark, and ao as the first vowel in water.
In this section you can download some files related to the phoneme data set:
- The complete data set already formatted in KEEL format can be downloaded from
- A copy of the data set already partitioned by means of a 10-folds cross validation procedure can be downloaded from here.
- A copy of the data set already partitioned by means of a 5-folds cross validation procedure can be downloaded from here.
- The header file associated to this data set can be downloaded from here.
- This is not a native data set from the KEEL project. It has been obtained from the ELENA Project. The original page where the data set can be found is: https://www.elen.ucl.ac.be/neural-nets/Research/Projects/ELENA/databases/REAL/phoneme/.